Friday, June 22, 2007

Final days in Bangkok!

After the night bazaar on Thursday, tuk-tuk drivers were competing for our business. One literally jumped on Anders! It was kind of scary. We finally squeezed 5 people in ONE TUK-TUK! What an adventure!



Dad, I took this picture for you! The power lines in Bangkok could really use your help!



We had to take a river boat to the Grand Palace!


Nim told us that she'd seen people fall off--luckily none of us did.


One of Anders' goals was to drink out of a bag in Thailand. He succeeded today. Chai Yen!


Farong! ("Foreigner" in Thai)


Us at the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha!


Anders is a "long man"! (That's what his masseuse told him!)


We went shopping on the famous Khao San Road in Bangkok!


Wow. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. Thanks for pointing this out Brian. (The Thais with us couldn't figure out why we were laughing so hard!)
We went out for Korean food for our last meal in Thailand--go figure. Anders ordered the sea bass--it was terrific!
The last supper! We ate a LOT!

After dinner, it was back to the room for packing. We DESTROYED the hotel room! It was hard to know where to even START!

My motorcycle wound still hasn't healed after 7 days. Do you think this is going to leave a scar? I'd hate to remember Thailand this way.

1 comment:

Special K said...

That is so funny--my last meal in Ecuador was Chinese food! What's up with that?

Ana and I went to First Ave. last night and I forgot how much I love hanging out with you guys. I'm so excited you're almost back (though I know you're probably not excited at all to leave paradise)!