Saturday, June 9, 2007

Teaching at a poor rural school in Thailand

The school that we went to was in the middle of NOWHERE. The students' parents are farmers. They were all different ages, from kindergarten to 6th grade. Our job was to teach them an English lesson.


Ana and I weren't very sure about what we were doing because we had no idea what to expect when we got there, so we went with the flow.





The children were adorable!



Tukta helped us a lot with translating!




We taught them "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"





They already knew how to count to ten, so we taught them 11-20.







I was in love with the school and the students.






I also taught them a song to remember the days of the week.








We took a picture with the principal and all the students after!









Nim's friend "A" took the pictures for me--she was wonderful!











When I was walking away, all of the students followed me! It was their first time seeing a white person. I felt heart-broken when we left. I wanted to stay with these precious children and play with them some more! Wow. It was a moving day.

No comments: