Thursday, June 21, 2007

Last night in Phuket

The best crab I've eaten in my entire life! Dad, you would be so jealous!

Anders got his first Pad Thai!

This was in it! Gross! He ate it . . . I wouldn't have.


Then we went for a Thai massage. Anders stubbed his toe earlier in the day and this woman tried to "help" it. I have never seen Anders in so much pain! Wow! I felt so bad for him.

I also captured this part of the massage . . . they have interesting techniques here, don't you think?

It took the Thai "bartender" around 15-20 minutes to make a long island iced tea. She even brewed tea . . . ??? One even had to hop on a motor bike to trade a bottle of coke for a sprite for Anders' drink. It was CRAZY!

We went to a "bar" called the "69 Bar". It turned out to be a sex shop. We had a drink anyways.

We met a Thai prostitute who has to "go with men" (as she said) in order to earn money so her two younger brothers can go to school. She's only 23. It was really sad. I was so close to crying. I gave her some money before we left. What a sad life. She told me she was not happy. How could she be?

1 comment:

Special K said...

Wow, that's an intense experience to see poverty and the harsh realities of life so close. I think I would have cried, too!